CANSAT LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
A CanSat is a type of sounding rocket payload used to teach space technology similar to the technology used in miniaturized satellites. In this workshop, you will learn about developing and launching the satellite to a certain altitude to carry out the experiments and communicate with ground station for data handling and much more. A whole round experience of designing, working and launching a model satellite.
• Measurement of trace atmospheric features
• Aerial imaging and post processing analysis
• Testing of descent control systems like aerobraking
• Testing of attitude estimation & control with IMU units and actuators
• Testing of shock absorption in landing, and other interesting ideas from students
Features, Deliverable & Planned Activities:
• Improved design with good scalability
• Fault Detection & Emergency fall back
• Ground station control & Autonomous mode functions for fail safe actions
• Radio beacon and decent control efficiency and area coverage
• Hand on experience on soldering, chassis fabrication and integration
• Manual control of the CanSat via ground station
• Video logging and analysis
• Fault detection modes for safe landing and data transmission loss rectification
• On board flight data storage
• Battery level detection
• Real time graphs of flight data and on screen display
• Pressure sensor for altitude detection
• Temperature sensor for protective action
• Full takeaway kit containing all the CanSat features and Ready To Go module for the team.
• Flight testing on site with launches up-to 1000m
• CanSat certification to all the participants
• End of the workshop, participant would be ready to work on a real satellite mission as next level.
Gain Technical Expertise On:
• Attitude Determination & Control System
• Command & Data Handling
• Ground Station & Telemetry
• Housekeeping & Descend Control
• Power Unit & Circuitry
• Structure & Payload Health Unit
• Integration & Test
• On Board Computing & Software Development
• Fault Analytics
Training With Micro Kit for each participant: Rs. 15,240 for 6 sub-system officers per team(Rs. 2540 per student)
Only Training: Rs. 14,400 for 6 sub-system officers per team(Rs. 2400 per student)
The workshop is currently being offered to students only and it will be held in certain college campuses. We would recommend the students to form a team by themselves before registering. The interested teams/students should send us an email (to both the email ids mentioned below) with following details,
Names of individual team members in case of team registration or the student name in case of individual registration
College name and place of individual team members
Contact details: email Id and phone number
Depending upon the number of students from each college/place, we will arrange the workshop at college/place.
*Workshop for general public will be announced soon.
Student Ambassador program is open for organizing CanSat Workshop at your University, please CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
We might select a few good teams from various CanSat workshops conducted at colleges for providing an opportunity to work with Antariksha Labs Community or ARDL for a period of 2 months.
Karunya University, Coimbatore
DVR MIC, Vijaywada