SPACE & ROBOTICS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
This workshop is meant for students interested in multi-disciplinary domain of research who want to become technology leaders of the future and lead projects in and out of college. The focus and contents will swirl around CanSat(Space system), Rover(Robotics) and Drones(Aerospace) as these amalgamate various subdomains into one core.
A CanSat is a type of sounding rocket payload used to teach space technology similar to the technology used in miniaturized satellites. He you will learn about developing and launching the satellite to a certain altitude to carry out the experiments and communicate with ground station for data handling and much more. A whole round knowledge on designing, working and launching a model satellite with follow up to real satellite systems and missions will be taught.
Rovers and All-terrain vehicles involve the finest piece of mechanics in them along with other subsystems which are applicable to space exploration, military surveillance and disaster management. We will explore the concepts involved in the design of different versions of such rovers.
Drones are the latest and trending products which are used for civil and military applications. They lead with aerospace domain which merges every other department and is one of the best multi-disciplinary research area. We will discuss on the design aspects of such vehicles.
• Measurement of trace atmospheric features
• Aerial imaging and post processing analysis
• Testing of descent control systems like aerobraking
• Testing of attitude estimation & control with IMU units and actuators
• Testing of shock absorption in landing, and other interesting ideas from students
• Disaster management systems
• Military/civil surveillance and combat
Features, Deliverable & Planned Activities:
• Improved design with good scalability
• Fault Detection & Emergency fall back
• Ground station control & Autonomous mode functions for fail safe actions
• Radio beacon and decent control efficiency and area coverage
• Manual control of the system via ground station
• Fault detection modes for safe landing and data transmission loss rectification
• On board flight data storage
• Battery level detection
• Real time graphs of system data and on screen display
• Pressure sensor for altitude detection
• Various sensor analysis for payload and protective action
• Developer Kit featuring all the subsytems and Ready To Go modules
• Virtual tests and team competition for best team award
• Leadership certification to all the participants
• End of the program, participant would be ready to work on for international competitions, college funded research projects or for personal products development.
Gain Technical Expertise On:
• Attitude Determination & Control System
• Command & Data Handling
• Ground Station & Telemetry
• Housekeeping & Descend Control
• Power Unit & Circuitry
• Structure & Payload Health Unit
• Integration & Test
• On Board Computing & Software Development
• Fault Analytics
Training fees per student: Rs. 1,450
Team formation of 4 system officers
Limited seats upto 40 students or 10 teams
Note: The workshop is currently being offered to students only, and it will be held in your college campus after your authorities have permitted and the limited no. of students have registered. You become a student ambassador if you are co-ordinating to all the students in your college and arrange the program discussing with your college authorities. Department HODs and professors can also organize this in their respective departments.
The students can also form a team by themselves before registering or arrange 40 members as a whole. The interested teams/students should send us an email with below details. Please send an excel sheet of the below information.
Names of individual team members
College name and address
Contact details: email Id and phone number of each individual
**Depending upon the number of students from each college, we will arrange the program at your college/university.
Student Ambassador program is open to students for proposing and coordinating this leadership program at your University with extra benefits like fee waiver & management certification, please contact us for further details.
Mail to with your resume and we will get in touch.
We might select a few good students from various workshops conducted at colleges, providing an opportunity to work with Antariksha Lab or ARDL for a period of 2 months.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +91-9538328434
Karunya University, Coimbatore
DVR MIC, Vijaywada
Sapthagiri College, Bangalore
Detailed brochure and guide to be sent to student ambassadors and college authorities only. Please messsage above or mail us at for the same.